Strategies for developing and maintaining vocal stamina, power & health
As one of the largest group of professional voice users in the world, classroom teachers rely on their voices as their primary means of communication. Classroom teaching is a vocally demanding job with the potential risk for developing vocal problems. Teachers are required to talk for extended periods of time, talk over competing background noise in classrooms, projecting their voices over long distances such as playgrounds and sports fields. Their voices need to be healthy, reliable, powerful and clear. Teachers need to be able to change their voice qualities for the changing needs of their daily challenges and to develop stamina and vocal strength to meet the daily vocal demands in and out of the classroom.
This practical and interactive training will help you to:
- Understand how your voice works, how to take care of it and improve your vocal health
- Develop strategies to train your voice to be more efficient and increase vocal stamina
- Learn how to speak with more power and authority
- Learn how to project for noisy environments and to be heard at distances
- Learn how to change voice quality with the changing situations in your teaching day
- Understand and develop healthy vocal practice in your daily life
Based on the Estill Voice Model, this training offers an effective and revolutionary muscular voice training program to develop and sustain healthy voicing in all situations.
Participants: This session is suitable for classroom teachers, sports & physical fitness teachers/coaches, public speakers, actors and anyone who relies on their voice professionally.
APST standards: 5 hours of self-recognised PD for TQI (ACT teachers) and NESA (NSW teachers). Standards addressed:.1.1, 2.5, 2.6, 3.5, 4.1, 4.3, 4.4, 5.1, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4 & 7.4
Participants will receive a certificate verifying completion and attendance of the training.
3 hour & 5 hour training workshops are available.
We also offer special rates for whole school PD. Please contact us for pricing.